[FFmpeg-user] commercial application compatible with FFmpeg

James Heliker james.heliker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 09:28:40 CET 2015

Please reference the actual license terms. I would also recommend
obtaining legal advice before going to market.

This excerpt from
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation might help you:

    "...By contrast, pipes, sockets and command-line arguments are
    communication mechanisms normally used between two separate
    programs. So when they are used for communication, the modules
    normally are separate programs. But if the semantics of the
    communication are intimate enough, exchanging complex internal data
    structures, that too could be a basis to consider the two parts as
    combined into a larger program."

- James Heliker