[FFmpeg-user] ASI over IP with ffmpeg?

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Mon Apr 4 09:14:19 CEST 2016

On 2016/04/02 20:24, Stefan Hofmeir wrote:
> the ASI over IP signal is generated (on the other end of the ethernet
> cable) by a gigacaster (professional equipment). Datasheet:

I use FFmpeg to transcode DVB-ASIoverIP. (I also use Enensys converters
but have never tested with FFmpeg)

You may want to check your Gigacaster settings so that it is not using
FEC. (Although probably not mandatory, in general I have also had good
luck using UDP rather than RTP)

If neither of the above is not the cause, I have always had an easier
time trouble shooting by receiving the packets with other tools such as
a TS analyzer, VLC, ffplay, etc...

Only after using such tools to confirm that the receiving TS packets are
healthy, I would then move on to working with FFmpeg.

I hope this helps.

--
David Shimamoto