[FFmpeg-user] Interlaced x264

Anatol anatol2002 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:27:18 CEST 2016

Andy,
U don't see 'weightp' warning, because I have 'weightp=0' at the end of the
'x264opts' list in my "monster" command line (its sometimes a fun to be a
monster ...).
The results with ffmpeg3 are the same (for monster and simple cmd-lines).
In all cases the x264 gets the correct interlaced params - media info shows
"interlaced=tff" in the 'Encoding settings', but the 'idet' test remains
the same.

But, it look like 'tinterlace' produces something more meaningful -

[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x1fdb060] Repeated Fields: Neither:   118 Top:     0
Bottom:     2
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x1fdb060] Single frame detection: TFF:   105 BFF:     2
Progressive:     1 Undetermined:    12
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x1fdb060] Multi frame detection: TFF:   120 BFF:     0
Progressive:     0 Undetermined:     0

But only with 'simple' cmd line:

ffmpeg -threads 1 -i BBB_30sec.mp4 -c:v libx264 -vf
"tinterlace,fieldorder=tff" -flags +ilme+ildct -threads 4  -y
BBB_30sec_interlaced.ts

Do u know whether there are any quality or other issues with 'tinterlace'
filter?

Thanks,
Anatol