[FFmpeg-user] HEVC over RTMP

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Fri Apr 8 09:07:17 CEST 2016

Please excuse me for posting what may be a question on containers in
general.

How difficult is it to modify FFmpeg to enable HEVC output over RTMP?

When combining <-c:v hevc> with <-f flv rtmp://...> I get the message
"Video codec hevc not compatible with flv."
I have read elsewhere that officially this will not be possible until
Adobe updates their RTMP standard.

If I am willing to drop compatibility, would it be just the matter of
rewriting FFmpeg to bypass the check to refuse HEVC+RTMP, or are there
other characteristics of the codec, etc.. that make it difficult to
combine these two?

I guess I may also need to rewrite the streaming server and player as
well, but that is another thing.

Thank you.
--
David Shimamoto