[FFmpeg-user] HLS-Stream via ffmpeg/Mediaserver to TV

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Apr 14 15:24:36 CEST 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 14:36:26 +0200, Thomas Schmiedl wrote:
> I tried with this command on a linux pc:

Sorry for not providing anything. ;-)

> -acodec copy -vcodec copy -f mpeg -listen 1 http://192.168.178.27:8899

mpeg ("MPEG-1 Systems / MPEG program stream") seems like a bad choice,
but who am I to judge. Perhaps your TV "sort of" copes, but not well.

Would you care to try mpegts?

> The stream plays on the TV, but without audio. When I stop the stream on
> the TV, ffmpeg exits with:

ffmpeg is not a streaming server for reconnects. At least I think it
can't handle that by itself. You probably need to put something like
ffserver inbetween, but I have very little experience with that, and
will (again) leave the answer to others.

Moritz