[FFmpeg-user] Decklink Capture

looxonline looxonline at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:05:01 CEST 2016

Reuben Martin wrote
> One other question that comes to mind: What happens when there are
> multiple
> devices of the same model? The documentation seems to indicate using the
> device name instead of device index.

So I have just compiled FFMPEG with decklink support on OSX (quite a mission
in itself) only to face this issue. I have two Decklink SDI 4K cards running
in one machine and because they are referenced using literal text and not
numeric identifiers (as with BMDcap) I can only seem to get one to work with
FFMPEG at a time.

I'm very new to FFMPEG and OSX so digging into the code and trying to find
alternate ways to reference the cards or even ways to adjust the current
references is beyond me at the moment. I was wondering if anyone has had a
similar experience and managed to overcome it or if anyone knows how I could
reference the cards using some other method.

Thanks.