[FFmpeg-user] libtheora, libmp3lame, vidstab, libvorbis, and libxvid not found on OS X

looxonline looxonline at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:08:31 CEST 2016

Moritz Barsnick wrote
> lame doesn't use pkg-config, so ffmpeg's configure will have to be told
> to include /usr/local/Cellar/lame/3.99.5/include in its search paths.
>
> Either homebrew has changed from providing the headers (and libs) in a
> standard location, or the instructions are incorrect in omitting that
> this needs to be added:
>   --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/Cellar/lame/3.99.5/include"
> --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/Cellar/lame/3.99.5/lib"
> (I'm guessing a little bit about the lib location.)
>
> Same (likely) for all the other installed libs which weren't found.

I had the same issue a few days back and managed to solve it for all of the
libraries by using the /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib directories
instead of specific directories in the cellar for each dependency. Bit of a
headache but figured my way around it. I'll see if I can dig up my exact
config string and post it here sometime.