[FFmpeg-user] How to play raw video file having nv12 tile format using ffplay ?

ssshukla26 ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:38:24 CEST 2016

Hi guyz,

I am working on a hardware decoder, its giving us raw video output in *nv12
tile* format. The support for this format is in gstreamer, so am able to run
the raw video using gstreamer pipe. But I am not able to do same with ffplay
as described below.

NOTE :- I get a file namely "*yuvframes_720p.yuv*" from the hardware
decoder.

Using gstreamer pipe I am able to play the file as below

/gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=*yuvframes_720p.yuv* ! videoparse
width=1280 height=720 framerate=30/1 format=*nv12-64z32* ! autovideoconvert
!  autovideosink/

I am able to play yuv file with *nv12* format using ffplay command as below

/ffplay -f rawvideo -pix_fmt *nv12* -s 640x480 -i test_nv12_480p.yuv/

So how can I play *nv12 tile* format raw video using ffplay ?

Please help I am so much stuck in this point.