[FFmpeg-user] Copying time stamp metadata

Abhinav Kashyap akashya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:56:59 EEST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to find out how can I copy timestamp related metadata from a
file to another ?

My input file has UNIX timestamp (start time)  which is what i need to
copy. Here is what I am doing or have tried:

1) Read a video file frame by frame in OpenCV
2) Modify frames (image processing such as Gaussian blurring or sharpening)
3) Write back frames in a video using openCV. Written file has a start time
of 0.00 ms.
4) Copy metadata from original file to modified file using below command :
   a) ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c copy -movflags +faststart output.mkv - This
copies bunch of metadata but not the start time which is what I am after.
   b) fmpeg -i input.mkv -copyts -movflags +faststart output.mkv - This
copies the video content as with all metadata including the start time.

Any ideas how can I copy just the start time from originial file to
modified file ?

Thanks,
Abhi