[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg pop and deesser filters

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Tue Jul 31 16:36:23 EEST 2018

Hello all,

I am using ffmpeg to edit videos of speeches/talks (like a TED talk). I am
using a headworn microphone. I would like to add an audio filter to get
rid of 'pop' and 'ess' sounds, especially present when pronouncing the 'p'
sound and 's' and 'sh' sounds respectively. Does anyone have a suggestion
for which (free linux) filters do this well and work well with ffmpeg?
I've been looking into ladspa filters, but would love any
advice/suggestions. Thanks so much.

Josh