[FFmpeg-user] How to preserve file time

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 21 01:40:06 EEST 2024

 > I suspect the reason why ffmpeg implements its current (incorrect)
> behavior is because Windows lacks the Unix/Linux equivalent of O_EXCL.
Consider the CreateFileA function in fileapi.h with the dwCreationDisposition argument set to CREATE_NEW, which would fail on the existence of the target file, or CREATE_ALWAYS, which would... you get the idea. This would at least allow equivalent functionality to be implemented.
I think it's fairly hard to imagine any operating system with a file-creation API that didn't offer something like that. No?