[FFmpeg-user] Is there a way to set 'closed_gop' in FFmpeg?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 16:03:42 EEST 2024

On 04/06/2024 08.04, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2024 at 7:19 PM Mark Filipak <markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Is there a way to set 'closed_gop' in FFmpeg?
>> Is there a way to set 'closed_gop' for an individual GOP?
>
> Not possible, use something more efficient, less buggy and far more useful
> tooling.

Oh, dear. Is there such 'tooling' anywhere? Do you know of anything, Paul?

If there's nothing to rewrite 'closed_gop', then I suppose I'll have to leave the GOP as an open GOP
and make this:

open Bs
from 1st
segment    I from 2nd segment
   \  \    /
    B  B  I
   _¦__¦_/
  / ¦  ¦
I  B  B

How the heck would I do that with FFmpeg?

Did the FFmpeg devs think this wasn't going to be problem?