[FFmpeg-user] Is there a way to set 'closed_gop' in FFmpeg?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 06:01:19 EEST 2024

On 05/06/2024 18.44, Paul B Mahol wrote:
-snip-

> Where can I obtain OFFmpeg product/solution?

I regret that you can't, Paul. I'm one old person working alone and I program mainly in assembly
(and scripts of course), not 'C'. But I have experience leading coding groups and in the last year
I've made a good start and the architecture is pretty solid (and useful).

If you'd like to get involved I suggest we have dialog on the virtues of object programming as
opposed to global function programming, and that we do that in parallel with real work. Essentially,
do marketing and production at the same time.

For example, OFFmpeg is something that every FFmpeg developer should welcome because it's going to
make them more successful and it's going to make their lives easier and it's going to make
development a happier and more fulfilling experience. Almost all of the code already exists. It just
needs to be reconfigured/untangled.

--Mark.