[FFmpeg-user] Is there a way to set 'closed_gop' in FFmpeg?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 03:38:03 EEST 2024

On 07/06/2024 00.11, Hans Carlson via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2024, Mark Filipak wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have an M2TS raw parser? Lacking that, does anyone have a map of M2TS so I can parse
>> it manually and locate the 'closed_gop' MPEG tag?
>
> Try searching for "m2ts parser".  One of the first hits I got was this:
>
>    https://github.com/daniep01/MPEG-2-Transport-Stream-Packet-Analyser
>
> No idea if it does what you want, you'll just have to look.

Thanks, Hans,

It parses only PES headers, not GOPs. It shows the 188 bytes and some of the info in those bytes,
but it doesn't match the info to the byte -- no map -- so, it's useless to me. Even if showed the
GOP header, I wouldn't know which bytes were which tag.

You can't search for a hex string like 00 00 01 B8 (which is the GOP header start code).

And it's very, very slow -- it's written in visual basic.

So, it's not a parser. It's more like a TS-packet browser.