[FFmpeg-user] About trac (bug reporting)

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 17:45:36 EEST 2024

MasterQuestionable appears to be the boss of trac. I don't know whether MasterQuestionable is a
person or a group. The language from MasterQuestionable is as one would find in a chat among peers
(i.e., developers) who come into the chat with a wealth of experience and a common language and a
particular viewpoint. The language is extremely terse and hard to follow. MasterQuestionable assumes
I know what I'm doing and that I know what's on-track and what's not on-track.

There needs to be a triage facility between ffmpeg-user and trac in which ideas are discussed,
problems are thought out, and good problem statements are formulated. The triage needs to be led by
senior users (volunteers) who have been around here a while.

MasterQuestionable is expending much time and energy mentoring me because I have not been prepared.
That's wasting MasterQuestionable's time that could be better spent.

Think of trac as an operating room. Think of triage-to-trac as prepping the patient for surgery.
That prep does not occur in the operating room.