[FFmpeg-user] Is markfilipak a troll?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 18:27:16 EEST 2024

"Mark Filipak" is my real name. For all time, on all sites except one, I'm "markfilipak". On
forum.videohelp.com I'm "Cuddly Squid". I took that alias to get the attention of the author of
BDInfo, who is "Cinema Squid". "Cuddly Squid" is a play on "cuddle", which is what we should all do
with cuttlefish, the cousins of the squids.

When I joined ffmpeg-user, Boule branded me a troll because Jim DeLaHunt befriended me. I look past
Jim's penchant to preach. I like Jim. I don't always like his occasional condescension, but I like
him. It takes a hard heart to condemn people like Jim. People like Jim often do wonderful things.

I'm a behaviorist. I don't care what people think. I think you can't really know what people really
think. I think you can't really know what yourself really thinks without thinking really hard on it.
All that matters to me is what people do.

I'm an American. America inherited the European Sickness: ethnic stereotyping and ethnic hatred.
America has struggled and is struggling to overcome it. The EU, which is just a relatively weak
union treaty state, is struggling to overcome it. Unfortunately, ethnic hatred appears to be
sweeping Europe once again. Europe's Greko-Roman wars spawned the Caesars, the Kaisers, and the
Czars -- did you know that, until about the 13th century when the Germanic letter "K" was
incorporated into Latin, the letter "C" was hard, pronounced like "K"?

Ethnic hatred isn't limited to Europe. The very concept of ethnicity, like the concept of race, is
destructive.

I'm an atheist. I'm a rather hard atheist. I think organized religion is always destructive.
Organized religion is ethnic expression. Unorganized religion is fine with me, though I don't
personally harbor any thoughts about divinity or supreme beings or the like. I know far too much
science and physiology to harbor any thoughts like that.

Am I a troll? I don't know. What do you think?

By the way, have you downloaded this?

   https://streams.videolan.org/ffmpeg/incoming/11055/Ticket_11055.m2ts

Have you run these?

   ffmpeg -i Ticket_11055.m2ts -map 0 -copyts -c copy -dn -sn -f framecrc -
 >Ticket_11055.m2ts_framecrc.txt

   ffmpeg -copyts -i Ticket_11055.m2ts -map 0:v -vf showinfo -c:v rawvideo -f null -muxdelay 0 -
2>Ticket_11055.m2ts_showinfo.txt

   ffprobe -sexagesimal -select_streams v -show_frames -of flat -i Ticket_11055.m2ts
 >Ticket_11055.m2ts_show_frames.txt

No matter what's in Ticket_11055.m2ts, their DTSes & PTSes should agree, don't you think? They don't
agree. Only framecrc agrees with the actual packets in Ticket_11055.m2ts.

Unless of course you think I've cast a spell.