[FFmpeg-user] Drawtext and filter_complex_script no longer work (At least not on OSx)

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Fri Jun 21 16:49:31 EEST 2024

On Fri, 21 Jun 2024 at 14:33, Bouke / edit 'B <bouke at editb.nl> wrote:

> Then there is the issue on how to distribute / legal stuff, where I don’t want to burn my fingers.
> (There were a few lawsuits to a Dutch guy from Real Media, they sued a guy who provided a link (note, link, not download) on his hobby site, to ‘alternative Real player’.
> Although Real lost everything, the poor dude went bankrupt and had to live with his mother again.)

That's an unfortunate story, but- are you actually planning to
distribute? I'm not sure there's anyone who would sue you for
compiling a program for your own use. [1]

You're free to follow your own preferences of course, including "I
prefer to trust someone else to compile things well", and Gyan has
been doing good work for a long time.

Cheers,
Rob

[1]: Okay there's always weirdos and chancers, but for all intents and purposes