[FFmpeg-user] I found the bugs

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Jun 25 19:28:00 EEST 2024

On 6/25/2024 8:51 AM, Mark Filipak wrote:
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/11055#comment:173
>
>    Ticket_11055.m2ts plays correctly and completely by two players that
> do not depend on FFmpeg.

Which ones? That's part of traceability (and proper bug reporting).

>    When are we going to get on with the job of troubleshooting the
> FFmpeg timestamp bug?

When people feel like expending their own time on it? Remember it's a
volunteer project... Or having spent so much time and effort to uncover
a but, you could spend a little more time learning enough 'c' to read
the code, that shouldn't be difficult for someone who IIRC has professed
experience in real time programming of micros.

Here are a couple of places to learn-
https://github.com/balapriyac/30-Days-of-C
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/c-programming-for-beginners-a-20-day-curriculum/

z!

"C combines the power of assembly language with the flexibility of
assembly language."
--me, c1982 (using the DECUS compiler on DEC's RT-11)