[FFmpeg-user] Does atadenoise work with 10bit HDR video?

Oliver Fromme oliver at fromme.com
Thu Jun 27 00:43:22 EEST 2024

Hi,

I'm using ffmpeg for a long time, but I've just recently started to
use it with 10bit HDR (HDR10) video.

So far I found out how to re-encode HDR10 video with libx265 and
retain the HDR metadata.  It's a bit complicated, but it seems to
work fine.  However, I'm unsure about video filters.

In particular, I often use the atadenoise filter.  It works really
well for 8bit SDR video.  But can it be used with HDR10 video, too?
Can I simply add ''-vf atadenoise`` to the command and it'll work,
or will it clip the data down to 8bit?  Is there anything else that
I need to take into account?

Best regards,
Oliver