[FFmpeg-user] Remuxing TS to MP4 causes black frame in Apple playback scenarios

Sid Sethupathi sid.sethupathi at gmail.com
Thu May 2 17:12:00 EEST 2024

Thanks Gyan - that seems to have worked.

I couldn't figure out how to do this via the command line but I updated my
program to reset the PTS to 0 on the input stream by reading the first
input packet's PTS and then subtracting that from all input packets' PTS.
Do you think that will have any unintended consequences, or is there maybe
a more idiomatic way to do this?

Doing the above seems to work on the few test cases I've tried: the output
mp4 has PTS = 0 on the first packet, the elst atom only has a single entry,
and the first frame does not show a black screen. I tried doing that same
"reset" logic after calling "av_interleaved_write_frame" but that didn't
work.

Sid