[FFmpeg-user] Exposure Compensation within ffmpeg?

Steven Kan steven at kan.org
Fri May 3 07:34:53 EEST 2024

Here are the results of my time-lapse-footage-to-date of my bees building comb in their hive box:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlji3udrPc

Despite I’m using a dSLR with fixed shutter speed and aperture, there’s still a lot of exposure variation throughout the sequence.

Is there a filter within ffmpeg to equalize/normalize the exposure values throughout the video? It would be even better if that exposure value could be equalized for some region-of-interest, e.g. the static parts of the images that have no bees or comb.

Thanks!