[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 6.1.1 fails to compile with mingw-w64 gcc 14

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 17 20:26:19 EEST 2024

Am 17.05.24 um 19:20 schrieb Andrew Randrianasulu:
>> maybe - but it's nonsense to start a topic with an older version - the
>> first thing you have to do in case of compiler errors is to try the
>> latest version
>>
>> why?
>>
>> because it maybe already fixed and you waste everyobdys time playing
>> yround and asking questions about outdated software
>>

> But regressions exists, so I usually try with versions I have at hand, if
> it fails - with newer and sometimes older versions too ...

you have https://ffmpeg.org/releases/ and GIT when it comes ot build
from source *always* at hand - period
if you want to report something useful than note which versions you
tried - but the first try to solve a problem is *always* try the latest
version

on this mailing list you usually only have to report latest GIT which i
find idiotic at my own - but in find the same for e release tarball from
the last year