[FFmpeg-user] Retain but don't playback frames outside of edit

Anne Wu annewu at adobe.com
Tue May 21 08:19:38 EEST 2024

> This may work:
> Get the timestamp of the first displayed frame.
> Then do a transcode of all frames with ignore editlist, Use the setts bsf on the
> video stream to offset timestamps so that the first displayed frame has a dts
> of 0.

Hi, thanks for the response.
It seems that method would work specifically in the scenario I
mentioned, but I'm looking for a more generic approach that would
apply to videos with potentially multiple edit lists, that could be
dropping frames anywhere within the video. Also, I'd like the
timestamps of the output video to remain the same as the original,
so essentially preserving the edit-lists from the original, which I
don't think the above would accomplish. Is there a way to do that?