[FFmpeg-user] ffmepg mipi csi video cpature

Ferdi Scholten ferdi at sttc-nlp.nl
Wed May 22 10:37:02 EEST 2024

On 22-05-2024 08:46, Nikhil via ffmpeg-user wrote:
> I need to test video record using ov5640 camera with mipi-csi
> interface, video record is working fine with usb wbcam with the same
> ffmpeg version but not with mipi camera
>
> On 22/05/24 12:22 pm, Paul B Mahol wrote:
>> Not sure what you trying to say.
>>
>> Above text only shows that your ffmpeg is ultra old and also broken.
As Paul said

Please use a recent version of ffmpeg, your version is 4.2.9 (about five
years old) the current version is 7.0
The last mipi interface specification was also released five years ago
and probably was not yet incorporated ffmpeg at that time, if your
current hardware is less than five years old, do not expect it to work
with software that was written before it's existence....

This might work for mipi (no guarantees, adjust parameters according to
your actual hardware specifications and use a recent ffmpeg version)
ffmpeg -pix_fmt bayer_bggr8 -f v4l2 -s 1280x960 -i /dev/video0 -c:v
libx264 -preset ultrafast output.mp4