[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg wav lossless to youtube mov?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 24 01:22:08 EEST 2024

Am 24.05.24 um 00:17 schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 24.05.24 um 00:12 schrieb Zathras Yes:
>> Ok, instead of repeating here over and over:
>>
>> First question: Is video with lossless sound possible for youtube? Yes or
>> No answer please.
>
> no - and whatever you upload to youtube will be finally re-encoded
> anyways - you won't find any WAV audio on the whole youtube world

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4603579?hl=en

Audio file guidelines

The following guidelines are for audio tracks that you provide to
YouTube. These guidelines describe the formatting specifications that
yield the highest quality for playing audio on YouTube and for matching
your audio tracks to the audio tracks of user-uploaded videos. Note that
an audio track would only be played back on YouTube if you have opted to
include that track in YouTube's AudioSwap program. Generally, we
recommend that you upload the highest quality audio possible.

     Supported file formats:
         MP3 audio in MP3/WAV container
         PCM audio in WAV container
         AAC audio in MOV container