[FFmpeg-user] c/c++ program for FFMPEG H.264 encoding

William C Bonner wimbonner at gmail.com
Fri May 31 19:24:19 EEST 2024

On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 10:43 PM Lisa <lisas965624 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your response.
> I am working on an rtsp server that uses V4l2 to get frames from mipi-csi2
> and then it will encode with ffmpeg Apis (C/C++ language). As I said with
> the ffmpeg command line it is able to encode 1920x1080 at 29 fps, so now I
> need the similar process with C/C++ to encode 1080p at 30fps.

I run ffmpeg from my c++ program using the traditional fork/exec process.
It allows me to use the standard ffmpeg without having to maintain all of
the libraries to build it.
https://github.com/wcbonner/WimsConstructionCam/blob/239c10034c4c18cded8c247e7deffe881f29705f/wimsconstructioncam.cpp#L1116

Years ago I started developing with the libav libraries and realized that
for small projects it was going to be a much larger learning and
maintenance curve than I wanted to travel.

I've used ffmpeg from c++ in linux as in the previous example, and in
windows I've used createprocess with ffmpeg output going to a pipe that I'm
reading in my C++ code and sending over tcp.
https://github.com/wcbonner/WimTiVoServer/blob/8ac14adbf5da84220d719f00d54686d5504d4db2/WimTiVoServer.cpp#L1352

Wim