[FFserver-user] streaming video + audio ?

adminrezo.0441992b adminrezo.0441992b at ac-nantes.fr
Wed Mar 21 17:38:31 CET 2012

Finally, after several testings, I could get a working streaming
swf format  (flv + mp3), 15fps, audiobitrate=16K

I needed to make several copilations from various version.

tested the 0.6.5 version downloaded from ffmpeg.org site.
Was working so-so :
- long delay in the streaming
- pause in the streaming
- ffserver consuming about 95-98% CPU

Finally, I chose to recompile from ubuntu-source, that means, exactly
the same version as provided through the binary (0.5.1).
needed to apply the patch  (.diff file provided with the source)
I included the lame-mp3 codec  (wich is not provided in the binary
package of ffmpeg, from ubuntu)

Finally, it is working wonderfully well
ffmpeg  approx 12% CPU
ffserver approx  0.3% CPU
on a 2.4 Ghz celeron  (old Dell 170L)

...happy at last !!!!!

--
Xavier COUDIN - coordinateur informatique
Lycée "Pays-de-Retz"