[Libav-user] Unimplemented container channel layout Bug

Bruce Wheaton bruce at spearmorgan.com
Wed Nov 16 00:09:19 CET 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Bruce Wheaton <bruce at ...> writes:
>
>>> Does it play properly with ffplay (or MPlayer)?
>>> Can it be read by ffmpeg?
>>
>> I don't have ffplay active now, I'll enable it. FFMPEG fails as below. The
>> resulting video is empty.
>> $ ./ffmpeg -i Opening\ Video\ PJ\ 720p29.97.mov test.mov
>
> [...]
>
>> encoder 'aac' is experimental and might produce bad results.
>> Add '-strict experimental' if you want to use it.
>
> You could either "Add '-strict experimental'" to your command line (before
> test.mov) or use test.avi instead of test.mov.

With that, ffmpeg output a movie, and the channel layout was correct - it plays. I added SDL and made ffplay, and huh, yup, plays it.

My best lead now is probably the note ffmpeg made:

> Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 30000.00 (30000/1) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)

It may well be timing related, and it seems sure it's in my app. I guess that channel layout is emitted but doesn't prevent anything.

thanks,

Bruce