[Libav-user] Multiple avio_open_dyn_buf() / avio_close_dyn_buf() paired issue

env01 Hoang.Nguyen at envisioninc.com
Thu Oct 6 20:53:21 CEST 2011

I am using version 0.8.4.  Close enough to the latest I suppose.  I've opened
a bug about this issue and below is the response I got from one of the

#520: Issue with using multiple avio_open_dyn_buf() / avio_close_dyn_buf()
             Reporter:  env01   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect  |                   Status:  closed
             Priority:  normal  |                Component:  avformat
              Version:  0.8.4   |               Resolution:  invalid
             Keywords:          |               Blocked By:
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
Changes (by michael):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid


 av_write_trailer() can lead to updates of the area written in the header 
earlier for some formats.
 Also replacing the context like you do is not possible, theres state in it 
that will be lost and lead to all kinds of odd issues.
 You could implement your own URLProtocol or io context but probably what 
you really want is to use pipes and a format that works with non seekable 
output, mpeg-ps comes to mind here

 So i think the issue is in how you use avio_open_dyn_buf() and not in 
ffmpeg, if you disagree feel free to reopen and elaborate

View this message in context: http://libav-users.943685.n4.nabble.com/Multiple-avio-open-dyn-buf-avio-close-dyn-buf-paired-issue-tp3849089p3879548.html
Sent from the libav-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the Libav-user mailing list