[Libav-user] Filtering_video.c and yadif does not work

Harald Jordan harald.jordan at redstream.at
Fri Apr 5 09:31:28 CEST 2013

Hey all!

I am trying to integrate a yadif filter into my program. It was not a big
problem to get the filtering_video.c example running with
const char *filter_descr = "scale=78:24";

unfortunately, when I change this line "yadif"; the unmodified example
Filtering_video.c of the most current version will produce a memory access
error ath this line:
                while (1) {
                    ret = av_buffersink_get_frame(buffersink_ctx,
filt_frame);

but only every 2-5th runtime, at other runtimes it works just fine!

OK, so far so good. Read error means basically we have a mem alloc or
release error somewhere.
Playing with this since 2 weeks but I don't get it out...

As I am on windows and MSVC (this has reasons), I cannot really have a look
where exactly the error is in the av_buffersink_get_frame function, but I
read a lot into the source code - without success ;-).

Any idea?

All the best,
Harry