[Libav-user] AAC with FLV

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Mon Apr 22 01:32:03 CEST 2013

On Apr 20, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:

> Beyond this, I'm pretty much grabbing at straws. I'm suspecting that the answer is probably just a knob or switch somewhere, a setting that will make it work. I read a bit about bit_rate_tolerance, but the source code doc doesn't say anything about what values to use, so I didn't know how to set it.

In lieu of making no progress, and being pretty much out of options, and nothing being apparent to anyone else either, perhaps I can retrench with some simpler questions in hopes of moving forward:

1. Is anyone aware of audio being captured from QuickTime, encoded successfully to AAC in an FLV file? I wouldn't think this is the case, but maybe there's some prohibiting factor that prevents the encoder from being able to accomplish this.

2. How do you get rid of distortion / buzz in encoded AAC audio? I'm at a loss -- I've taken working code, changed the encoder / sample format / sample rate and gone from perfect audio to distorted audio -- same input, same processing code.

3. Is there any way to determine from the recorded/written FLV file what the reason for distortion / buzz is? I have no experience analyzing the end product of encoding -- is there a way to pinpoint what is happening in encoding that creates this distortion where before it didn't exist?

Thanks,

Brad