[Libav-user] ffmpeg configure for ios - using asm options causes MPx (mp1, mp2, mp3) codecs sound problems

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:42:00 CEST 2013

2013/4/21 Mert Gedik <gedikmert89 at gmail.com>

> Sorry for that, I am using an mail list for the first time...

Hi Mert - I wouldn't worry to much about that, same happens to me all the
time :-)

> BTW,
>
> I tested each configuration option that you mentioned as below, you can
> see the results,

xbmc are utilizing ffmpeg to the fullest and we seldom have any problems
with general formats like mp3 and so on. We build for ios like this:

./configure \
--disable-avdevice \
--disable-avformat \
--disable-avutil \
--disable-swresample \
--disable-swscale \
--disable-postproc \
--disable-avfilter \
--disable-ffplay \
--disable-ffserver \
--disable-ffprobe \
--disable-doc \
--disable-bzlib \
--disable-programs \
--target-os=darwin \
--enable-cross-compile \
--enable-gpl \
--enable-version3 \
--arch=arm \
--cpu=cortex-a8 \
--enable-pic \
--extra-cflags='-arch armv7' \
--extra-ldflags='-arch armv7' \
--extra-cflags='-mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -mvectorize-with-neon-quad' \
--enable-neon \
--disable-armv5te \
--disable-armv6 \
--disable-armv6t2 \
--enable-optimizations \
--enable-debug=3 \
--disable-stripping \
--cc=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc
\
--sysroot=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.1.sdk
\
--as='/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc'
\
--extra-ldflags=-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.1.sdk/usr/lib/system

You should also check you have the latest/proper gas-preprocessor version
which manages all the ARM optimizations and the official ffmpeg repo for
gas-preprocessor is https://github.com/yuvi/gas-preprocessor which btw is
a copy of Mans Rullgards (the author of gas-preprocessos) own repo
https://github.com/yuvi/gas-preprocessor. Since gas-preprocessor
is copied manually the ffmpeg version may some time fall behind so it's
worth checking out Mans repo from time to time. Mans Rullgards is an
ARM optimizations guru and The Father of all ARM optimizations used by
libav and ffmpeg.