[Libav-user] ffmpeg configure for ios - using asm options causes MPx (mp1, mp2, mp3) codecs sound problems

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:55:05 CEST 2013

2013/4/22 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Julian Herrera <julian.herrera at ...> writes:
>
> > Which gas-preprocessor.pl version are you using? I
> > came accross a similar issue that affected only
> > mp* audio on iOS and I found a solution by using
> > this preprocessor:
>
> Please only use the official gas-preprocessor script
> from https://github.com/yuvi/gas-preprocessor as
> explained on http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html and
> please report any problems with it!

Well, first of all: Mans Rullgard is the author of gas-preprocessor and
deserves all the credit. Secondly the ffmeg version of gas-preprocesso is
manually copied from Mans repo github.com/mansr/gas-preprocessor to
ffmpeg's repo github.com/yuvi/gas-preprocessor thus it may fall behind. In
fact, if you have problems with arm optimization i would recommend to check
Mans repo from time to time just to be sure there are no new updates that
hasn't been brought into ffmpeg.