[Libav-user] Anybody got DXVA2 running?

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:14:07 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Lars Hammarstrand <
lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You do realize that ffmpeg (the application) does not suport dxva2 ?
> >

> Sorry my bad - I meant libs, not the apps. Hopefully it's not the same
> story with the libs regarding dxva2.
>

> > Other players like VLC should however be fine, if build with a proper
> toolchain which includes the DXVA2 headers required (say mingw-w64)
> >
> > If the toolchain provides dxva2 headers, no config flags should be
> required and support enabled automatically in avcodec.
>
> The toolchain for xbmc does but we don't get it to work that's why i was
> wondering about this patch:
> http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2013-March/139852.html. Aware
> of any apps that successfully utilizes dxva2 with current ffmpeg head (or
> 1.2)?

VLC should work, and my set of DirectShow decoders also does (
http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/)

There was a bug a short while back which required you to pass
--enable-dxva2 to configure because the auto-detection was faulty, but this
was fixed in HEAD, and hopefully backported to 1.2 (not sure on this part).