[Libav-user] Audio quality loss while encoding

Pradeep Karosiya praks411 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:21:54 CEST 2013

Hi
I'm trying to encode decoded audio sample to an avi file. The audio samples
are decoded from different file. So I've both input and output file. The
decoded audio samples are in AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLTP (float planar) in one large
buffer. The first half contains channel 0 while second half of buffer
contains channel 1. I'm passing these decoded sample as it is without any
conversion for encoding.
The codec id used is AV_CODEC_ID_AAC. The encoding goes fine but I'm getting
some noise is the final audio output. The quality is getting degraded.
However if the number of channels is 1 then I'm getting same quality as the
input file

The audio parameter which are used for encoding (mostly same as decoding).
Sample Rate = 44100,  Num of Channels = 1/2, Sample Format = float planar
(AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLTP),
Bit Rate = 128000 (set by me not sure what to take), codec_id =
AV_CODEC_ID_AAC.

Audio encoding api : avcodec_encode_audio2

Please let me what could be going wrong.

Thanks
Pradeep