[Libav-user] MPEG-2 NTSC video shows horizontal lines on the red color

nuo yang yangnuo0408 at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Apr 28 15:50:19 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

Recently I use ffmpeg sdk to develop my own player, my video source is MPEG-2 NTSC video, and I use ffmpeg sdk to decode the video, then use BlackMagic DeckLink sdk to receive the video frame and display the video to my CRT monitor through a DeckLink PCI card. Everything is okay but a little defect, when the video contains some red color objects (like red clothes), and if the red color objects moving fast, there are some horizontal lines on red color. My video is interlaced, and I tried some methods, including change the video field order, but I didn't make it. BTW, if I use ffdshow to decode the video, it does not have the issue.

Is there someone has the same issue like me, or can someone give me some advice? Many thanks in advance!

- Nuo