[Libav-user] Audio quality loss while encoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 30 22:27:56 CEST 2013

Brad O'Hearne <brado at ...> writes:

> As constructive feedback, I recommend removing aac entirely
> from the codebase

The native aac encoder is better than most non-experimental
audio encoders for stereo input, it is not good for >2 channels
(which is not supported at all by most other encoders).

That is completely apart from the fact that FFmpeg would
obviously never get a better aac encoder if we remove
this one.

And honestly: Not being a native speaker, I really wonder
what could be unclear about "experimental".

Carl Eugen