[Libav-user] Using libav to demux multiple programs from multi-program stream

Adi Shavit adishavit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:12:53 CEST 2013

>> What's the relationship between "programs" and streams?
>
> (You mentioned programs, as said, I may have
> misunderstand.)
> In transport streams, audio and video streams
> typically belong to a program, see ffmpeg -i file.ts for
> an example.

Ah, ok, I get it.
I used the term "program" since that's what VLC calls selection the
"channel" in a multi-program stream.
I think this may be the same thing and the variable identifies which
stream(s) belongs to which channel. Correct?

>> I can see av_find_program_from_stream() in my header
>> file, but I can't seem to find it in the docs here:
>> http://libav.org/doxygen/master/avformat_8h_source.html
>
> avconv contains several hundred known bugs not present in
> FFmpeg, some of them security-relevant, please understand
> that we cannot support it here.
> See http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
> for more information.
>
> See http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avformat_8h_source.html
> for the sources in question.

Thanks for the correct link.
In any case, I'm using ffmpeg, just had the wrong doc link.

Thanks,
Adi