[Libav-user] Does the image2 demuxer work with a custom AVIOContext?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 19 18:27:28 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ...> writes:

> Robert Krüger <krueger <at> ...> writes:
>
> > cat ~/samples/fate/dpx/lighthouse_rgb48.dpx | ./ffmpeg
> > -f image2pipe -vcodec dpx -i - ~/tmp/fromdpx_pipe2.png
>
> > [dpx  <at>  0x7fcb21822600] Overread buffer. Invalid header?
>
> The image is cut in the middle

Iiuc, the parser reads the file size from the file
header while the decoder calculates the (minimal
possible) file size. The value that the parser
reads from the file header is too small.

I suspect the bug can be fixed by reusing the logic
to determine the image size also in the parser or
by ignoring the file size outputting everything until
the next magic marker.

Carl Eugen