[Libav-user] Encoding with no compression with OpenH264

Arthur Muller muller at vki.com
Mon Mar 7 23:46:03 CET 2016

Hello,

I need to create a MP4/OpenH264 file from a series of images. Because the
images are all of a technical nature, I need to have absolutely no
compression. How can I achieve this with OpenH264?

When I used libx264 I set the number of b-frames to zero and it worked fine.
I'm not sure OpenH264 even supports B frames given the discussion I saw
here:

https://github.com/cisco/openh264/issues/1844

If anybody could let me know what parameters I need to set to prevent any
compression and not skip any frames I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Arthur