[Libav-user] // binary distribution of ffmpeg libs compiled with fdk_aac

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 04:13:27 EET 2017

>   --disable-decoders   \
>   --disable-encoders   \
>   --disable-muxers     \
>   --disable-demuxers   \
>   --disable-parsers    \

Please allow me to repeat here that afaict, there is absolutely no
guarantee whatsoever that these configure options disable all
components of FFmpeg that you believe you must not ship!
(Neither for current FFmpeg nor for any past of future version.)

The same is true for --disable-all.

[...]

> As you can see ffmpeg could be compiled with fdk_aac but without
> --enable-gpl and --enable-nonfree.

Yes.
If this does not answer your question, you need professional
legal advice that you cannot get on this mailing list.

> fdk_aac is linked to ffmpeg statically but we can link fdk_aac and ffmpeg
> dynamically. It doesn't matter. Static link here is just more convenient.

You are correct that from a license perspective, it makes absolutely
no difference if you link a library statically or dynamically.

Ianal, this email is not legal advice.

Carl Eugen