[Libav-user] FFMPEG CustomIO Seeking

Alexis alexis.tran9713 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 11:24:31 EET 2020

Hi there,

I'm using FFMPEG (with a custom IO, so not a file but byte as input) to
decode video in my software.

So when I seek with MY software, i just send corresponding bytes to the
decoder, how can i tell to my decoder that i seeked?

When i seek i flush the buffer with:
avcodec_send_packet()  with null as packet to enter in the draining mode
and read until EOF
then avcodec_flush_buffers

It looks like it clean properly.

Then come the real problem, the next frame given by the decoder have a
timestamp corresponding to before the seek, I guess the decoder have an
incomplete frame in his own buffer waiting to be completed before
outputting it, but how can i clear this?

I'm missing something?