[Ffmpeg-devel] Win32 unresolved external symbol

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Aug 31 13:29:16 CEST 2005

imnotmork_listas at area3.net wrote:
> a3bm() {
>
>   Hi!
>
>   I'm trying to compile FFmpeg under windows to use it within MSVC 7.
>
>   I'm getting this errors when i try to link the compiled libs. (I'll
>   put just a few, 'cause there should be a global solution).
>
> "Linking...
>   Creating library Debug/WaveEffect.lib and object Debug/WaveEffect.exp
> avcodec.lib(
> ) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___divdi3 (...)
> avcodec.lib(ratecontrol.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __alloca referenced in function _modify_qscale (...)
> avcodec.lib(mpeg12.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___umoddi3 referenced in function _mpeg1_encode_picture_header(...)
> avcodec.lib(ratecontrol.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___fixunssfdi referenced in function _ff_rate_estimate_qscale
> "
> This are 35 linker errors. :)
>
>   Can anybody give a clue about it?
>
> }

You have to add libgcc.a to the build (mine is in
C:\MinGW\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2)

The section "6.3.1 Native Windows Compilation" in the doc is in need of
some serious rewriting! I think I have all the necessary info for the
Mingw+MSVC combo, but has anyone actually compiled using Mingw only and
a recent CVS?

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director