[Ffmpeg-devel] av_seek_frame() units

Rich Felker dalias
Tue Jul 5 18:13:01 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 11:25:05AM +0100, Andy Parkins wrote:
> This obviously still contains the dodgy " / Packet.duration"; which I'm using
> to create a frame counter - is there a frame count already in the packet?

This is a perfect frame counter for fixed-framerate files. For files
without a framerate, there is no frame counter available, naturally,
since there's no way to know a frame number without counting manually
from the beginning. If your program decodes the whole stream without
ever seeking you can just keep this counter yourself...

Rich