[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] H264 streams on Astra

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Mon Jun 6 22:54:19 CEST 2005

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

>Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>for those of you can access this transponder in Astra : 11919/27500/H/
>>pids 767, 772,  0, 98(pmt)
>>there's an interesting stream: H264 streamed at 1920x1024 interlaced.
>>

>Can't you save a sample, and upload it to the usual place?  What's the
>audio?

HD-h264.ts. Audio is ac3 2-ch at 384 kb/s

>H.264 HD is usually around 6Mbps.  MPEG2 HD is in the 20Mbps range.
>Possibly they are testing the encoders.  I'd keep an eye on that
>transponder in case something interesting shows up.

understanding if something shows up is the hard part, atm :(

>>It seems that streams like this are interesting test-cases :)
>>

>So grab some samples before they go away.  You never know when they'll
>come in handy.
>
>Several European broadcasters are preparing for HD H.264 rollout at
>the end of the year.  They are likely to do test runs to make sure the
>entire chain works.

I'll give it a look every night back from work :)

BTW, the copy of tcvp I have (0.2.0) doesn't recognize the content