[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] H264 streams on Astra

Måns Rullgård mru
Tue Jun 7 00:52:37 CEST 2005

Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
>>Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> writes:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>for those of you can access this transponder in Astra : 11919/27500/H/
>>>pids 767, 772,  0, 98(pmt)
>>>there's an interesting stream: H264 streamed at 1920x1024 interlaced.
>>
>>Can't you save a sample, and upload it to the usual place?  What's the
>>audio?
>
> HD-h264.ts. Audio is ac3 2-ch at 384 kb/s
>
> BTW, the copy of tcvp I have (0.2.0) doesn't recognize the content

The audio is carried in PES packets marked private, and the PMT has a
descriptor in the private range.  The only way of knowing it's ac3 is
to look inside the private PES packets and find an AC3 signature.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com