[Ffmpeg-devel] avformat/mpegts reads too much data for lowbitratestreams

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu Jun 9 15:03:19 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> Hi
>
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 14:09, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> [...]
>> > AVFormatParameters, it depends upon where the variable is needed,
>> > and yes iam not happy with how parameters are passed into the
>> > demuxers at all
>>
>> I don't quite like the idea of a struct containing a field for every
>> possible parameter to all the demuxers.  Some way of passing arbitrary
>> name/value pairs would be much nicer.
>
> well, do you have any technical arguments for that? iam strongly against
> changes based upon "much nicer / I don't quite like the idea"

You said yourself you are "not happy" with the current scheme.
Imagine if each (de)muxer had a few parameters.  The
AVFormatParameters struct would soon become quite unwieldy, and
changes to a single demuxer could have global effects, possibly
needlessly breaking binary compatibility.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com