[Ffmpeg-devel] avformat/mpegts reads too much data for lowbitratestreams

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jun 9 16:36:51 CEST 2005

Hi

On Thursday 09 June 2005 15:03, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Thursday 09 June 2005 14:09, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> I don't quite like the idea of a struct containing a field for every
> >> possible parameter to all the demuxers.  Some way of passing arbitrary
> >> name/value pairs would be much nicer.
> >
> > well, do you have any technical arguments for that? iam strongly against
> > changes based upon "much nicer / I don't quite like the idea"
>
> You said yourself you are "not happy" with the current scheme.

yes but that doesnt mean iam happier with every other scheme ...
IMHO the AVFormatContext should not be allocated in av_open_input_stream() but
instead before it by the user, that would simplify things

> Imagine if each (de)muxer had a few parameters.  The
> AVFormatParameters struct would soon become quite unwieldy, and
> changes to a single demuxer could have global effects, possibly
> needlessly breaking binary compatibility.

no, either never change the struct but just add at the end or have some
parameter descriptor with (name,min,max,offset,type) for the stuff in the
struct

--
Michael