[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problems encoding H264 with a MP4 / MOV container with ffmpeg

Bill May wmay
Fri Jun 17 15:37:29 CEST 2005

admin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you think possible to set a command line pipe where ffmpeg encodes to
> a h264 elementary stream and mpeg4ip muxes it to mp4 ? (not sure whether
> ffmpeg supports the correct elementary stream format needed by mpeg4ip
> though)
>
> Thanks for any hint

If you've got constant bit rate, you can do a 2 step process where you
encode to a raw file (a .h264), then use mp4creator directly.  You could
do the same with each elementary stream.

If someone was interested and knowledgeable about libavformat, I'd be
happy to work with them to integrate the mp4v2 library - it is a fairly
straight forward library to use.  We (developers of mpeg4ip) will try to
keep up with the ISO, ISMA standards, and have put interoperability first.

Bill