[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [PATH] enable-libgsm not working

Alban Bedel albeu
Thu Jun 23 13:59:47 CEST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:21:37 +0200
Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at peaktime.be> wrote:

> Alban Bedel wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:04:48 +0200
> > Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at peaktime.be> wrote:
> >

> >>-#include <gsm.h>
> >>+#include <gsm/gsm.h>
> >

> > Hmm, are you sure that this is not Debian specific ?
>
> Could be, I dont use any other distro so I cant check. I modelled my
> changes on what was already in lavc for mp3lame, and that matched what
> happens with debian.
>
> > I have libgsm
> > installed from sources here and i don't have the include in a gsm
> > subdirectory. In fact checking their makefile it seems there
> > is no sensible default in there (default to $(GSM_INSTALL_ROOT)/inc
> > with GSM_INSTALL_ROOT empty).
>
> I have gsm from sources too (now switching to distros because libgsm
> seems very stable now). gsm.h comes in subdirectory 'inc'. I didnt use
> 'make install'.

Neither did I and that the problem. Their default is so broken that we
can't expect it to be used. It's then perhaps better to tweak configure
to check both case and add the correct -I if needed. Or blindly add
-I/usr/include/gsm -I/usr/local/include/gsm ;)

	Albeu